Welcome to the Cambridgeshire Home Educating Families website.
This is a mutual support network for home educating families in the Cambridgeshire area.
CHEF is a parent/carer run organisation which supports, promotes and facilitates home education in the city of Cambridge and surrounding villages.
- For our children we hold weekly and monthly sports,drama and social activities and one-off visits and events.
- For parents there are regular opportunities to meet for mutual support and to exchange ideas.
We are a diverse inclusive group encompassing educational philosophies from classical education to autonomous child-led learning.
We home educate for many different reasons:
- Religious, Cultural and Ethical.
- Because school could not meet our children’s needs, educationally, behaviourally, emotionally or medically.
- Simply that school did not suit our children or fit our lifestyle.
For further information about joining CHEF or for help and advice on any aspect of home education, please contact us using the form below.